This book is designed for undergraduate medical and dental students. The present updated edition is an illustrated account of microscopic structures of tissues and organs in a simple and precise language. The text is extremely student friendly.
About the Author
- Concise, point-wise presentation of text for easy learning and quick recapitulation during exams
- Line diagrams for basic understanding of the tissues/organs
- Pencil sketches of sections (haematoxylin & eosin stained) along with salient points of identification, well integrated with text for understanding technical details of structures at the backdrop of theory
- Practicals comprising excellent quality large sized microphotographs at the end of the theory with detailed explanations of what students are expected to observe
- Clinical correlation of certain important structures
- Self-assessment exercise at the end of each chapter for revision of the topics studied
Dr JP Gunasegaran is currently Professor of Anatomy at Rajah Muthiah Medical College & Hospital, Annamalai University, Annamalai Nagar, India. Before this he served as Assistant Professor at AI Fateh University of Medical Sciences, Tripoli, Libya. He has been teaching undergraduate and postgraduate medical students at various Medical Colleges in India for more than 30 years. He has been an examiner at several universities in India and abroad. Dr Gunasegaran has been awarded Dr TK Narshimha Reddy award for the best teacher in Anatomy for the year 2002-2003.